Monday, April 30, 2007

Searching for a new psychologist

I've just got the news that Ian's psychologist is closing her practice in two months.

I feel like crying. It took me a long time to find the right psychologist for him. It took even longer for Ian to establish a trusting relationship with her and now I have to do it all over again. Ian's case is not an easy one. I've talked to some psychologist who won't even take his case because it is so complicated.

Now I have to start over. I've got to interview doctors, evaluate whether or not they've dealt with children similar to Ian or even dealt with the different combinations of diagnoses. I've a lot of calling to do and a lot of waiting. Assuming I find the right person for him, will I be able to speak comfortably with this person. Will they be able to help with the family dynamics and all the stuff I'm going through?

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!

If anyone has any ideas or questions I should ask the psychologists, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments: