Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I did it!!

Yea!!! I got all my conferences done! I'm very pleased. Now tonight I get to relax! It has been so busy and hectic around here. It has been one thing after another. My child has been having a difficult time, so he's been home with me, besides running back and forth seeing as well as talking to the doctor's via the phone. I'm taking an abnormal psychology class and I was behind in that and we had a test Monday. So I spent most of this weekend studying for that which I aced. Yea!! Sorry to gloat, but after the last few weeks I've had, I wasn't sure if I was going to even make the test. My professor, who knows what's been going on, said he wasn't sure what to expect either. I did great however! I just had to put everything else out of my mind. Then we also had Ian's IEP yesterday and that went great too. We all agreed that he still needed all the services he was receiving AND they wanted to help him with the emotional difficulties he's been having in class. Yes, you read that right. They WANTED to help him. I was expecting a fight and there wasn't one. YEA!!! I'm very pleased with how things turned out at the meeting. We are still waiting for all the different doctor reports that we haven't received yet and Ian also has a MRI next week. We won't know the results of that for a few weeks. Then there is his medicine. He's only been on it for a few days, so we don't know what is going to happen. So he's getting emotional support and when there is a sub (he tends to lose it or at the least have a very difficult day when there is a sub), he can go to the resource room and hang out, no academic pressure. WOW! That was a huge relief. Now all my conferences that were due today are all done!

I've nothing to do! What a cool feeling that is. I can sit back, spend quality time with my family and not stress. Life can be grand!

1 comment:

BlondeBrony said...

Great job getting the work done and on the test. If you're looking for things to do my assignment is here waiting (Hehe).

Glad things went with the Doctors. It's so great that they want to help. Takes so much stress off.