Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thirteen Things I loved about my vacation #1


1. My family and my sister and her family went to Lava Beds National Monument. It is a great place to visit and not to many people know about it, so it is never crowded.

2. We got there before dark so we actually got to set up our tents in daylight, unlike the last time we went. Though we did get to see a bob cat that time. That was the bonus for arriving in the dark I guess.

3. We missed most of the hot weather! Saturday was the only hot day, 98 degrees, but then we got to hang out in the cool 52 degree caves when we got too hot.

4. We got to be in the middle of a thunderstorm, with the rain, sleet, thunder and lightening. When the lightening hit about 500 feet away though, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

5. I got to spend some quality time with my sister and her family.


6. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and exploring the caves.

7. A very young jackrabbit came and sat just within the entrance to a lave cave, while my sister and I sat very quietly reading our books. It stayed several minutes, just hanging out with us. The kids even got to see it and Kristin was able to walk within a few feet of the rabbit before it took off.


8. We took a side trip to Mount Lassen. Another national park that not too many people know about, but is a great place to visit.


9. There was snow!!

10. At Lake Helen, the snow was almost up to the very top of the bathroom doors. The kids were able to stand and walk around on the roof!

11. I got to catch up on a lot of reading.

12. Spending extra time with my husband was a wonderful treat.

13. I got to get away and relax!!!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: