Friday, September 07, 2007

Oh those fall colds

On the very first day of school, the VERY FIRST DAY, Kristin came down with a cold. She already was feeling anxious about school without adding in the factor of a cold. Colds just wear you out and it can be very difficult to enjoy things. Her very first week of school didn't turn out to be the best. Of course, she also shared her little virus with me. Isn't that just lovely? I started feeling sick on Sunday. I had a terrible sore throat that just wouldn't go away. Now it's turned into a chest cold, for both of us. We're still fighting it.

To make matters worse, we both have Asthma, and the air quality here is HORRIBLE. My Asthma has been okay, but Kristin's has been acting up in P.E. Does she say anything to the teacher? Of course not! I read her the riot act and sent her with her medicine. I told her Asthma can kill and to not mess around with it. If she starts coughing and having trouble breathing she needs to stop and take her medicine. I also talked to the coach and he is going to keep a watch on her. Hopefully, she'll listen and we won't have to make an emergency trip to the hospital.

No comments: