Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Eight Random Facts About Me

Julie at TeacherJulie.com tagged me with this meme.

The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.

Here we go....
1. I research things to death. Really! Give me something, anything and I'll find out all I can on it. I do it with everything, it doesn't have to be about special needs. If I have to buy something like a new computer, a camera, etc., I'll research it endlessly. It drives my husband crazy. "Would you just buy it!!!"

2. I love to read. This also comes in handy for number 1 above. I've been having a great time reading all of the Harry Potter books. I read books 1-4, skipped to 7 (I couldn't resist) and am now reading book 5, to be followed by 6 and yes, 7 again. I've got so many books going at the same time. Let's see, "Help for Worried Kids" by Cynthia Last, "The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart (for book club), "Special Education Rights and Responsibilities" by Community alliance for special education (CASE) and Protection and Advocacy, Inc. (PAI), "The Summer Institute on Neurodevelopmental disorders, Aug 4-5, 2005" sponsored in part by The M.I.N.D Institute at UC Davis, and two more books for my psychology classes at the local community college. I'm happy!

3. I love turtles. I've been collecting them since I was a little girl. This year I entered some of my collection in to the county fair and won first place.

4. I love animals. When I was little I was always bringing home strays. I still do that if I can. We have a zoo here already. Several fish, 2 turtles, a rat and two cats. What's a few more pets....

5. I've been trained as an Infant/Toddler Montessori teacher and have been teaching for the past 5 years in that field, but my degree is in Mathematics. Before becoming a Montessorian, I tutored and taught mathematics for more years than I care to remember.

6. Before Tim and I were married, I wanted to have 6 children. After we were married we decided two was a good number. Later, I told him I wanted to have a blue eyed, blond haired little girl. If the first one was a boy, then we'd try again and again until we reached number four. Then if we still didn't have a blue eyed, blond haired little girl, then we would adopt. When I got pregnant, he prayed and prayed for a little girl. Then beautiful Kristin blessed our lives. Even though she is blond haired and blue eyed now, when she was first born, her hair was brown and so were her eyes. It was love at first sight and the color of her hair and her eyes didn't matter.

7. I prefer to drive a manual transmission. I love my car, it hugs the road, it goes fast and I feel in total control. Our other car is an automatic and well, it's just not as exciting. If I get another car it's got to be manual. Oh, and I want a red convertible too. Weeeeee.....

8. I'm planning on going back to school and getting my master's in experimental psychology. I find the subject positively fascinating. I want to be able to take what I've learned about the mind, behavior and special needs in kids to help their parents and teachers and make the world a better place for all with exceptional needs.

Now for you unsuspecting bloggers, I tag Brony, Deb, Laura, Cat (my sister) who hasn't blogged in a while, but I'm still tagging her. Cat, you can leave your meme in the comments or even better, put it on your blog. I'm also tagging Criz, Bridget, Celtic sister, and Terri.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the tag.

Like you, I read a lot too and research things. Research was a reason why a district in Md didn't hire me because I was able to research about their low performing district as well as their CEO who was under investigation at that time. They said they were "appalled I had the nerve to ask the senior recruitment officer who interviewed me about what I found in the net." No regrets there, I think they were intimidated by my asking them ;)

I can't drive but I'd rather ride a fast car than a slower one, especially when I'm going to be late, LOL!

Have a great weekend! See you at the Photo Hunters! :)

CRIZ LAI said...

Thanks for the tag. There's a but here...haha. I have done it. Sorry to disappoint you. You can view it here http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/07/8-random-facts-about-me.html