Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday - The Sewing Chest!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


It's been a while since I've posted a Tackle It Tuesday and it's obvious in my house. So here I am! My digital camera is out of commission at the moment, so you will just have to visualize this mess.

I have a sewing chest where I just throw anything and everything to do with sewing. Not that I do much sewing, but I do seem to have gathered quite a collection of buttons. You know the kind I mean, the ones that come with each new piece of clothing that have buttons or even sequins or wool. I would just throw them in the chest, package and all. It would have been so much easier just to take the button out of the package and put it in it's proper place in the sewing chest. Can I do that?? No! Of Course not! Did I mention the top of the chest won't close either.

Yesterday, I accidentally knocked the sewing chest and it went tumbling over and buttons, pins, needles, etc. went every where and I mean every where. It was too much to handle at the moment so I left it. (Such a procrastinator I am!) I discovered it again later last night and decided I really needed to deal with it. Good thing my kids are older now and don't eat buttons anymore.

I got rid of all the packages, threw away chipped and broken buttons and stored everything in it's proper place. The top closes now and I can actually find things in it. What's even better, this motivated Kristin to clean her sewing drawer and organize her buttons. Well, at least as well as an 11 year old can.

Happy Tackle It Tuesday!

No comments: